Join Bruce Temkin, Managing Partner, Temkin Group and Maria Jiang, Head of Product Marketing, Solvvy in an exclusive webinar ‘Applying The Art of Human Conversations to Digital Interactions’ on July 26 at 10am PDT.
How many times have you had to say, “That’s not really what I meant.” Countless times probably. To your boss, mom and hairdresser, right? Yes, conversations can get complicated. We spend our entire lives conversing, but we’re still not able to get it right everytime. Even though we are speaking the same exact language, often times there is miscommunication.
Touchy to easy conversations
I wish I had known earlier about the human conversational model developed by Bruce Temkin, customer experience transformist and founder of Temkin Group.
According to Bruce, these are the seven elements of a successful conversation:
- Self-awareness: Know thyself and what you want to get out of the conversation. Are you trying to convince, inform, inspire someone?
- Basic manners: Don’t be an asshole and remember to “treat others how you want to be treated”
- Intent decoding: Find something in common and be relatable.
- Contextual framing: Read the room. Know who you are talking to and adjust accordingly.
- Empathetic agility: Listen up and pay attention. There’s more going on than just words.
- Supportive feedback: Indicate that you are actively listening–it takes two to tango.
- Emotional reflection: Show that you’re on the same page, or at least the same book.
In our upcoming webinar, Bruce Temkin will take these key elements a step further to talk about how they can be applied to digital conversations from a brand.
Looking to have kick-ass conversations? Join us for this webinar to learn how to be a great communicator with everyone — family, friends, colleagues and customers.
Join Bruce Temkin, Managing Partner, Temkin Group and me for an exclusive webinar ‘Applying The Art of Human Conversations to Digital Interactions’ on July 26 at 10am PDT.